In today’s economy, success depends on knowledge transfer and high value skills. Innovative growth firms gravitate to enterprise clusters to access the best human capital, as London has shown.
The Cities and Local Government Devolution Bill lays a framework for industry clusters to thrive. But to do so they will require an authentic sense of place. In practice, particularly for key sectors like technology and advanced manufacturing, this means creating physical links with universities to develop skills, good homes within vibrant communities and proper transport connectivity.
Sheffield City Region’s Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (AMID), winner of the inaugural Lambert Smith Hampton Enterprise Award, is a fantastic example of what can be achieved and a model for others to follow. By embracing devolution and building on the region’s industrial heritage, the scheme will deliver high-value jobs and high quality places fit for the modern economy.
The property industry has the skills, creativity and local knowledge to replicate this success around the UK. We are ready to take the lead in delivering regeneration, jobs and growth to London, the Northern Powerhouse, the Midlands and beyond.Signed by the Lambert Smith Hampton Enterprise Award Judges, Partners and Winner:
- Ezra Nahome: CEO of Lambert Smith Hampton
- Sir Edward Lister: Chief of staff and Deputy Mayor, Greater London Authority
- Tom Bloxham MBE: Founder of urban renewal property development company Urban Splash
- Waheed Nazir: Director of Planning & Regeneration, Birmingham City Council
- Liz Hamson: Editor, Property Week
- Melanie Leech: Chief Executive, British Property Federation
- Iain Thomson and Graham Sadler on behalf of Sheffield City Region’s AMID partnership (The University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University, Harworth Estates, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield City Council and Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council)
- James Newman, Chairman of Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
- Jeremy Blackburn, Head of Policy, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email