How can we help?
Real estate strategy
Real estate strategy
Your estates strategy needs to support your wider business objectives and meets stakeholder expectations.
Our corporate real estate team can help you develop and deliver this. We will ensure your estate is fit for purpose and operating at optimum efficiency.
From location planning, portfolio rationalisation and cost savings to enhancing your estate, we will:
- Understand your business requirements, the market place within which you operate and the associated challenges
- Ensure you’re provided with the occupational flexibility you need and that your real estate evolves with your business requirements.
- Provide options based on a detailed financial analysis of your portfolio
- Empower decision making with comprehensive advice that seeks to mitigate your corporate, business and reputational risk
- Identify and engage the key commercial stakeholders within your business, to understand specific business objectives and applying this to strategic solutions
- Understand the impact the modern workplace has on employee satisfaction and the resulting improvements on productivity and profitability
- Address modern expectations on real estate, providing advice that encompasses your business goals and legislative demands to improve sustainability
If you plan to stay in your existing premises beyond your approaching lease break or expiry, you may wish to restructure the terms of the lease.
Depending on your negotiating position, your landlord may agree to remove a break clause and/or extend your lease in return for downsizing or a cash payment. If more space is acquired you may have the opportunity to reduce your rent and agree other financial incentives.
How we help
- Identification and negotiation of opportunities for improving existing lease provisions
- Expert Witness advice where an agreement cannot be reached
- Space utilisation review to ensure optimum operating efficiencies
- Disposal of surplus space through assignment or sublease
Your workplace is the ultimate staff recruitment and retention tool so it is vital that it accurately reflects your company’s brand.
If you no longer wish to remain in your current premises, either because the cost, quality, quantity, location, layout and/or amenities no longer meet your needs, you may wish to consider relocating elsewhere.
Depending on market conditions, you may be able take advantage of any financial incentives on offer such as rent free periods and tenant improvement allowances.
However, legacy lease issues and the potential disruption to your business also need to be taken into account before deciding whether to relocate.
How we help
- Dilapidations assessment and negotiation of financial settlement or works requirement
- Detailed advice on market conditions, including rental values, lease terms and rent free / capital incentives
- Thorough market search for suitable properties and negotiation with landlords of shortlisted properties to ‘market test’ options
- Preparation of a building survey / schedule of condition to minimise repairing obligations
- Procurement and management of fit out / refurbishment works
- Move management to minimise the impact of the relocation to your business
- Business rates and service charge audit to reduce running costs to ensure value for money
Total Office Cost Survey
Through the comparison of rents, business rates, service charges and other property costs in locations across the UK, TOCS can help organisations to benchmark their own costs against prevailing, real time levels.Launch app
Get in touch
Email me direct