- Supply in Cambridge and the surrounding area has increased by 3.5% in H1 to1,741,014 sq ft.
- This is primarily due to Orchard Farm, Foxton and Unit 17-20 Greenfield, Royston coming to the market; providing 51,146 sq ft and 60,970 sq ft respectively.
- Second-hand stock accounts for 91% of current supply, and 71% of this is made up of units of less than 10,000 sq ft.
- The current lack of new build and good quality second-hand stock has led to the construction of the first speculative unit for three years at Evolution Business Park.
- Occupiers looking for good quality space will have to either enter into build to suit agreements or carry out extensive refurbishment works on a suitable unit.
For a breakdown of Cambridge industrial supply by size click here, or to view supply by grade, click here.