- Erection of two buildings, extending to over 20,250 sqm providing offices and commercial units below, together with public realm improvements including the extension of Chapmans Passage, landscaping, associated infrastructure and on-site parking.
- Building heights comprise 9 to 10 storeys and the project aspires for BREEAM Outstanding standard.
- The project has been shortlisted for the West Midlands Insider Sustainability Award 2021.
- We were appointed by City Realty Ltd as part of a team to advise on a scheme to re-develop a brownfield site in Birmingham City Centre’s Westside, a highly accessible area surrounded by cultural and heritage landmarks, entertainment and leisure attractions and several emerging office and residential schemes. The proposals were for two office buildings, together with public realm enhancements.
- This forms the first phase of development of the wider block which will be addressed through future applications.
- Working collaboratively with the appointed architects and other consultants, we secured in-principle support from Planning Officers through detailed pre-app discussions for the proposals, providing thoughtful solutions to comments regarding design and layout, daylight and sunlight, retention of adjacent buildings and connections to nearby assets.
- Our team utilised Birmingham-specific office market research, forecasted trends and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic to form a substantial argument to support office development in the City.
- We also worked alongside heritage consultants to respond to pre-application comments regarding nearby heritage assets to ensure their protection and the enhancement of their setting within the proposal.
- Planning consent was granted for the development in September 2021 with Committee members praising the unique and innovative design.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email