Camley Street is one of the Council’s most significant land holdings adjacent to Kings Cross and a key future scheme of the Council’s Community Investment Programme.
- As part of the Council’s Community Investment Programme, Camley Street has been identified as an area suitable for future intensification and redevelopment, in order to unlock the sites to deliver new affordable housing, increase employment space and wider objectives.
- Land ownership is complex, with the sites occupied under a range of short and long term leasehold interests.
- We are currently advising the council on unlocking the redevelopment of the northern sites which include 120-136 Camley Street and Cedar Way, where we have advised on overall scheme viability and potential delivery options.
- Our team also devised a vacant possession strategy for the northern sites, which is currently in the process of being implemented and seeks to align the leasehold interests in order to bring forward a future redevelopment.
- We are also working with the council to bring forward collaboration across the southern sites, where we are engaging with the long-leasehold owners of 104, 106 & 108-114 Camley Street in order to accelerate delivery of these sites in line with the Council’s objectives.
- We have successfully engaged with the long-leasehold owners where the parties have collaborated through a Memorandum of Understanding, which has resulted in the development of an outline Master Plan for the area in line with the Council’s objectives. This collaboration has significant potential to unlock these sites for development, whilst releasing capital for the Council to help fund their investment in the wider Camley Street area.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email