Camden Town Hall is a landmark Grade II listed building in the heart of Kings Cross, situated opposite St Pancras Station. The building is owned and occupied by Camden Council as the civic and democratic HQ of the Borough. We advised the Council on an innovative strategy which would secure the future of this Camden landmark.
- The Council identified a number of buildings for disposal within the Council’s accommodation strategy. However, it was decided to retain Camden Town Hall due to its position as the civic and democratic HQ of the borough.
- The Town Hall was identified as being under-utilised, with limited functions of the Council occupying the building following the move to 5 Pancras Square.
- We were appointed to advise on a strategy which would secure the future of this Camden landmark.
- We worked with the Council to articulate their vision for the Town Hall in the context of the building requiring significant investment with limited funds available.
- We advised the Council over the development of the scheme, appointment of sub-consultants, viability of the emerging proposals, market demand for the proposed accommodation, opportunities to de-risk the scheme through pre-letting, delivery structures and procurement.
- Our proposals for the Town Hall resulted in an innovative strategy which would generate a multi-million pound revenue stream to support the Council’s initial investment, whilst also allowing the Council to retain the building as the democratic and civic HQ of the borough.
- We led the OJEU procurement of a Development Manager, where Lend Lease was selected to deliver the scheme on behalf of the Council.
- Our agency team continue to advise the Council over the marketing of the Camden Centre and commercial office accommodation.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email