- We were instructed by Northamptonshire County Council to provide CPO & Compensation Advice; Valuation (Red Book and Informal); Land Acquisition and Sale; Crichel Down; Route Selection Advice; Project Wide Cost Estimates; Property and Project Development Advice; and, Public Consultation and Stakeholder Engagement Events.
- Northamptonshire County Council promoted a 3.5-mile road linking Northampton to Daventry in order to reduce the impact of traffic, whilst also creating development opportunities. A number of landowners were directly affected as land had to be acquired for the scheme, whilst others were impacted to the extent the scheme increased the flood risk of their land.
- Land sale agreements were completed prior to the scheme works but much of the remaining heads of claim to be agreed at a later date.
- During scheme works, it transpired that land had to be acquired for a pier which wasn’t included in the original design – a further land acquisition was undertaken to prevent further cost delays to the scheme.
- Regular forward planning meetings with the Client team to ensure resource planning for peaks and troughs of workload over a long running project.
- Co-location of staff during periods of intense activity to help ensure effective communications within the team.
- On completion of the works, some of the land became surplus to requirements. We successfully sold this to a neighbouring farmer and agreed an easement at nil premium to enable highways to maintain its infrastructure.
- Successful acquisition of land interests.
- Where possible, acquiring interests by temporary possession to minimise compensation payable, and assist with the co-operation of landowners, whilst agreeing bespoke compensation packages for temporary possessions.
- Agreements made with neighbours and landowners who do not have land taken to minimise disturbance, and maintain good working relationships.
- Completed all outstanding compensation claims within the limitations period and undertaking to due diligence to reflect the betterment created for landowners as a result of scheme works; in some cases, settling claims at 10% of the value claimed without referral to Tribunal.
Image © Northamptonshire County Council
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email