- We were instructed by British Railways Board Residuary (BRBR) Ltd. to sell a piece of land that would kick-start a multi-million-pound project at Catesby Tunnel, Northamptonshire.
- Catesby Tunnel would be the world’s largest aeronautical testing facility, with its closest competitor being located in Philadelphia, United States.
- This would result in increased local employment opportunities and generate greater local income through international tourism.
- We sold the remnants of a closed railway goods yard and disused branch line in rural Northamptonshire and granted a long lease of Catesby tunnel at a premium.
- Full planning for the Catesby Tunnel scheme was achieved.
- We rid British Railways Board Residuary Ltd. of the tunnel liability, and achieved a long-term solution to the future stability of Hellidon Road Bridge whilst negotiating the sale of the yard and branch line, with a 50% claw back on land value following development.
- The project was supported by the NCC enabling the Lessee, Aero Research Partners Ltd to secure £4m funding, and a further £10m private equity, enabling a grant from East Midlands Business Development Forum to complete the investment package.
- Creation of jobs and boost to the local economy.
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email