LSH were instructed to Project Monitor a new 146,000 square foot BREEAM-rated air cargo handling facility, incorporating a two-story 21,000 square foot Grade A standard office / amenity block.
The Clients Challenge
- To deliver a cutting-edge logistics building for use as their base at Manchester Airport that will be recognisable on an international scale.
- To collaborate with the developer and their professional team to drive value, timely delivery and create an exceptional workplace.
- To be innovative in the use of building products, materials and technology.
- Critical internal site tolerances, levels and dimensions to be adhered to for the automated container handling apparatus.
What LSH Did
- Obtained, detailed and incorporated the fit-out accommodation standard to allow this to be priced by the developer's tendering contractors.
- Technical Due Diligence of developer base-build specification, base-build enhancements and fit-out scheme, including costs and exploration of value-engineered options, amongst other commercial aspects.
- Review of Agreement for Lease, Lease and Construction documents, including Deeds of Appointment and Collateral Warranties, in conjunction with client's legal advisors.
- Liason with the client's named German specialist container handling system fit-out contractor.
- Client technical representation at regular site progress meetings, management of Permitted Variations clause within the Agreement of Lease, etc.
- Provision of building Reinstatement Cost Assessment for insurance.
"Gayle and her team are doing a fantastic job of protecting my interests and driving the project forward. This is an aspirational project but it is key for me that it remains a reality - Gayle is making sure of that! We've achieved a lot since I bought the land and I am looking forward to getting started on the site"
COO, Dubai National Air Travel Authority (dnata) Ltd
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email