Although currently used for office accommodation, the building has potential for conversion for various uses, including residential. The neighbouring land is occupied by Hampton Park, the recently completed development of nine luxury four and five-bedroom homes which all sold prior to completion of the scheme by Chartford Homes.
Elmete Hall was originally built in 1815 by the Nicholson family of Roundhay Park. Later that century, it was bought by the famous Leeds locomotive engineer James Kitson as a family home.
In 2005 the property was acquired from Leeds City Council and sympathetically redeveloped and extended by Leeds-based property developer Rushbond to provide three modern office buildings totalling 17,243 sq ft, retaining many of the hall’s original period features.
Elmete Hall is divided into three sections; Kitson House, Nicholson House and Old Hall. The interior features include a grand, neo-Jacobean style carved wooden staircase within Kitson House and a glazed ‘peacock cupola’ dome that lights a cast iron circular staircase in Old Hall.
The site currently extends to approximately 1.14 acres and provides car parking for 66 vehicles as well as high speed fibre internet connectivity.
Adam Varley, Director – Office Advisory at LSH, said: “We’re excited to bring one of Leeds’ finest period buildings to market. This is a rare opportunity to acquire a substantial property in a highly-desirable location adjoining Roundhay Park.
“While the property is currently occupied by two businesses, Elmete Hall is suitable for a variety of alternative uses including residential, care home or hotel / leisure accommodation subject to planning consent. We’re looking forward to playing our part in the next chapter for this historic building.”