- The London Borough of Camden was proposing to grant a 25 year lease to Lauderdale House Society Limited at a nominal rent with a surplus rent top up.
- The Council set up a trust to run the park and its buildings including Lauderdale House.
- Lauderdale House is a local community building in the London Borough of Camden offering a range of arts, education, heritage and community activities.
- We were instructed to prepare a valuation on behalf of the charity.
- We prepared a Valuation Report under section 119 of the Charities Act 2011 and in accordance with the Charities (Qualified Surveyors’ Reports) Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2980) for the disposal of a lease.
- Our team provided a written report on the proposed disposition acting as Qualified Surveyor to the trustees.
- Our valuation allowed LB Camden to grant the lease and the Trust to secure around £800,000 of Heritage Lottery Funding.
- We advised the Council to vary the terms of the disposition and transfer the repairing liabilities onto the tenant and discussions are ongoing.
Get in touch
Email me direct
REGISTER FOR UPDATES
Get the latest insight, event invites and commercial properties by email