- Take-up in Cambridge and the surrounding area at the half-year stage was 917,201 sq ft, exceeding total annual take-up seen in 2012 and 2013 - 892,327 sq ft and 637,267 sq ft respectively.
- This represents a staggering 374% increase on take-up recorded at the half-year stage last year – although it is an increase of just eight more deals.
- The surge in take-up is a consequence of four mid-box units being let in the 50,000 – 99,999 sq ft size bracket and one big box transaction.
- The largest transaction was the sale of the CDC building (275,000 sq ft) and Vision Centre at the Spicers site, Sawston (48,250 sq ft) to a confidential buyer during Q2.
- Demand for units of less than 10,000 sq ft accounted for 75% of transactions.
For a breakdown of Cambridge industrial take-up by size click here, or to view take-up by grade, click here.