The low down
Now in its 33rd year the Lambert Smith Hampton Ski Challenge will bring together owners, occupiers, fund managers and managing directors from some of the largest property companies in the UK.
What happens in Courmayeur?
This year's event will continue this tradition and provide the perfect forum for attendees to reflect on the challenges and opportunities within our industry while enjoying some fun and friendly competition on the slopes.
View highlights from the 2019 Ski Challenge.
- Fastest Male skier
- Fastest Female skier
- Fastest Snowboarder
- Fastest Newcomer
- Most Stylish Run
- Fastest LSH Run
- Fastest Client Run
- Safe and Secure
- Most Distinctive Technique
- Most Distinctive Outfit
- MSW (Most Spectacular Wipeout)
- Fastest Men's Team
- Fastest Mixed Team
- Fastest Women's Team
- Dual Parallel Slalom / Fastest Team
SNOW-CAMP Team Distance Challenge
Sunday 19 January
20:00 - “Aperidinner” buffet and networking drinks at the Grand Hotel Royal e Golf
Monday 20 January
8:00 Departure for Skyway
8:30 Ascent to Pavillon mid station & welcome coffee
9:00 Business Forum
11:15 Ascent to Punta Helbronner to the panoramic platform & lunch at mid station restaurant / Pavillon terrace
11:30 -12:30 Descent and shuttles to hotels
Get into ski gear and cable car to Plan Chécrouit for ski rental and skiing
14:00-16:00 Giant Slalom Ski Clinic with Chemmy Alcott
14:00-16:00 Beginner ski school at Plan Chécrouit
16:15 Chairlift from ski rental shop to Maison Vieille
16:45 Chairlift closes
17:00 Maison Vieille Après Ski party (with live band, buffet & drinks)
19:30-21:00 Snowmobile descent & cable car to Courmayeur
At leisure in Courmayeur on return down
Tuesday 21 January
10:00 Giant Slalom course inspection on Piste Le Greye
10:30 Giant Slalom race on Piste Le Greye (2 runs if desired)
12:00-14:00 Buffet lunch at Maison Vieille
12:30 Team Parallel Slalom on Piste Tzaly
14:00-15:30 Snow-Camp Team Distance Challenge with Le Mans start from Maison Vieille
20:00 Seated dinner & awards ceremony at the Grand Hotel Royal e Golf
Wednesday 22 January
- Each team shall consist of three racers.
- The fastest time of each team member’s two runs will be taken to give the team’s combined overall time.
- Race results will be first announced at the prize giving ceremony on Tuesday evening.
- Races will be organised in accordance with the rules of the International Ski Federation. Any appeals must be filed with the organisers during or no later than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the race. The race coordinator’s decision will be final.
- The Giant Slalom and Dual Parallel Slalom courses will be set out by the Courmayeur Race Office and racers participating in the programme understand that they ski the courses at their own risk.
- For reasons of safety, the Courmayeur Race Office reserves the right to postpone, cancel, or move any of the race events, due to adverse weather or snow condition.
- Accident, medical and liability insurance is mandatory and is the individual racer’s responsibility. Momentum Mountain Management Ltd (trading as Momentum Ski) and Lambert Smith Hampton cannot and will not accept any responsibility for accidents or the consequences thereof during any of the events including in or around the racecourses.
- Ski racing is a high-risk activity and it is mandatory for all competitors to wear a helmet.
Giant Slalom rules
- Each racer must wear a race bib with the correct allocated number as allocated to them.
- All bibs must be returned to the organisers at the finish paddock whether the holders raced or not.
- The racecourse will be set up as a Giant Slalom.
- Course inspection will finish at 10:15 am and the course will then be closed until the start of the race. Any skier entering any part of the course/race piste during this time will be disqualified.
- Each skier will be afforded two runs.
- Any racer late for their allocated start number may be disqualified from that particular run.
- If a racer misses a gate then the run is declared null.
- For all categories the fastest time of each racer’s two runs will be used to determine the results.
Dual Parallel Slalom rules
- All teams must register with the Momentum Ski race coordinator at the Buffet Lunch at Maison Vieille or at the top of the course before 13:00.
- Teams will consist of three participants.
- All complete teams must assemble at the top of the course to race by 13:30.
- The Dual Parallel Slalom is run on a head-to-head team relay, one run per round knock-out format, with the winner of each heat progressing through to the next round.
- The red or blue course is allocated on the toss of a coin.
Team Distance Challenge for Snow-Camp
- Each team shall consist of three racers.
- Each team will receive a top of the range GPS tracker and be tasked with completing the most kilometres as possible over a 90 minute period.
- All teams will start together in a Le Mans format from Maison Vieille
- Teams can take any route and use any strategy to maximise distance - as long as you teams are on foot, skis or lifts and always together as a team!
Custom tailored commercial real estate finance.
Fairfield supports experienced UK & Irish commercial property investors and developers with debt packages designed to help them achieve their business plans. Unlike mainstream Banks, Fairfield can provide higher leverage to support value-add asset management strategies and their debt packages cover the full spectrum of risk profiles including development funding, investment and lower leverage deals.
Innova is an IT managed service and support provider embracing a more flexible and agile approach of delivering services to customers. Strategic, mutually beneficial partnerships, in conjunction with their internal teams, enable Innova to provide comprehensive, cost effective service offerings that benefit the customer. Innova focuses on technical excellence and customer service, maintaining business relationships through exceptional Account Management and technical expertise.
Limpio provides the best in class print, copy and scan solutions in partnership with Xerox.
Limpio assesses current printing solutions and constructs a road-map to create perfect printing solutions setup for their clients. They also secure and integrate the transition from current printing setup to newly created systems, to ensure cost reduction and GDPR compliance. Limpio also automate and simplify remote monitoring for toner supply, maintenance and invoicing.
Maslow Capital is an award-winning provider of development finance, with an enviable track record of supporting experienced developers to deliver successful projects. They offer flexible funding solutions up to £150m for professional developers across the UK undertaking residential, mixed-used, student, hotel and industrial developments. Maslow Capital takes pride in transparent decision-making, consistent delivery and developing long-term relationships with like-minded brokers and developers.
Morgan Lovell are the UK’s leading office interior design, fit out and refurbishment specialist. With their very own team off in house designers, surveyors and project managers based in London as well as the Thames Valley. Morgan Lovell can design, manage and deliver your entire project. Morgan Lovell are part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group which operates six divisions, including of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments.
PFE is a leader in providing innovative cleaning and facility management services in Italy and the UK, with 30 years’ experience. This fast growing company has over 5,300 employees working to deliver excellent services to clients across the private and public sectors including commercial property, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, education, transport and government.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
Snow-Camp delivers award-winning and innovative programmes using a unique combination of snowsports and employment opportunities to support disadvantaged young people. Across the UK, they play a key role in motivating and inspiring young people from deprived communities enabling them to gain qualifications, take up apprenticeships, develop key life-skills and find careers in the snowsports industry and beyond. Every pound raised at the LSH Ski Challenge will enable Snow-Camp to positively impact many more young lives.
About Snow Camp
Snow-Camp delivers award-winning and innovative programmes which use a unique combination of snowsports and employment opportunities to support disadvantaged young people.
Across the UK, Snow-Camp play a key role in motivating and inspiring young people from communities with high levels of deprivation, enabling them to gain qualifications, take up apprenticeships, develop key life-skills and find careers in the snowsports industry and beyond.
Every pound raised at the LSH Ski Challenge will make a massive difference and enable Snow-Camp to positively impact many more young lives.