The low down
Now in its 33rd year the Lambert Smith Hampton Ski Challenge will bring together owners, occupiers, fund managers and managing directors from some of the largest property companies in the UK.
What happens in Courmayeur?
This year's event will continue this tradition and provide the perfect forum for attendees to reflect on the challenges and opportunities within our industry while enjoying some fun and friendly competition on the slopes.
View highlights from the 2019 Ski Challenge.
- Fastest Male skier
- Fastest Female skier
- Fastest Snowboarder
- Fastest Newcomer
- Most Stylish Run
- Fastest LSH Run
- Fastest Client Run
- Safe and Secure
- Most Distinctive Technique
- Most Distinctive Outfit
- MSW (Most Spectacular Wipeout)
- Fastest Men's Team
- Fastest Mixed Team
- Fastest Women's Team
- Dual Parallel Slalom / Fastest Team
SNOW-CAMP Team Distance Challenge
Sunday 19 January
Arrivals & transfers to Courmayeur
Monday 20 January
8:00-11:00 Business Forum - Skyway
11:15 Ascent to Punta Helbronner (optional)
Lunch Skyway Pavillon terrace
14:00-16:00 Giant Slalom Ski Clinic or Beginner ski school
17:00 Après Ski party (with buffet & drinks)
19:30-21:30 Snowmobile descent and cable car to Courmayeur
Tuesday 21 January
10:00 Giant Slalom course inspection
10:30 Giant Slalom races
12:00-14:00 Buffet lunch
12:30 Team Parallel Slalom
14:00-15:30 Team Distance Challenge by our Charity partner Snow Camp
19:30 Seated dinner & awards
Wednesday 22 January
Morning: Free skiing time
Afternoon: Transfers & Departures from Geneva
- Each team shall consist of three racers.
- The fastest time of each team member’s two runs will be taken to give the team’s combined overall time.
- Race results will be first announced at the prize giving ceremony on Tuesday evening.
- Races will be organised in accordance with the rules of the International Ski Federation. Any appeals must be filed with the organisers during or no later than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the race. The race coordinator’s decision will be final.
- The Giant Slalom and Dual Parallel Slalom courses will be set out by the Courmayeur Race Office and racers participating in the programme understand that they ski the courses at their own risk.
- For reasons of safety, the Courmayeur Race Office reserves the right to postpone, cancel, or move any of the race events, due to adverse weather or snow condition.
- Accident, medical and liability insurance is mandatory and is the individual racer’s responsibility. Momentum Mountain Management Ltd (trading as Momentum Ski) and Lambert Smith Hampton cannot and will not accept any responsibility for accidents or the consequences thereof during any of the events including in or around the racecourses.
- Ski racing is a high-risk activity and it is mandatory for all competitors to wear a helmet.
Giant Slalom rules
- Each racer must wear a race bib with the correct allocated number as allocated to them.
- All bibs must be returned to the organisers at the finish paddock whether the holders raced or not.
- The racecourse will be set up as a Giant Slalom.
- Course inspection will finish at 10:15 am and the course will then be closed until the start of the race. Any skier entering any part of the course/race piste during this time will be disqualified.
- Each skier will be afforded two runs.
- Any racer late for their allocated start number may be disqualified from that particular run.
- If a racer misses a gate then the run is declared null.
- For all categories the fastest time of each racer’s two runs will be used to determine the results.
Dual Parallel Slalom rules
- All teams must register with the Momentum Ski race coordinator at the Buffet Lunch at Maison Vieille or at the top of the course before 13:00.
- Teams will consist of three participants.
- All complete teams must assemble at the top of the course to race by 13:30.
- The Dual Parallel Slalom is run on a head-to-head team relay, one run per round knock-out format, with the winner of each heat progressing through to the next round.
- The red or blue course is allocated on the toss of a coin.