- The Royal Marsden appointed us to secure planning permission for a new 134,000 sq ft building, known as the Oak Cancer Centre, to replace some of these facilities with modern, carefully designed spaces, which will allow quicker diagnosis and higher rates of successful cancer treatment.
- The Royal Marsden Hospital is a world-renowned centre of excellence, known for pioneering cancer treatments and specialising in diagnosis and education. Its breakthroughs in cancer research benefit not just local residents, but people throughout the UK and the rest of the world.
- Some of the hospital’s current buildings and infrastructure, spread across Chelsea and Sutton, date back to the 1960s and are no longer fit for purpose.
- Regular meetings were held with the Council to agree the proposals prior to the submission of the planning application.
- We successfully project managed a major planning application, working with a large consultancy team.
- Following unprecedented public support, Sutton Council granted planning permission and building work is set to commence in summer 2020. The Centre will open in 2022.
Image courtesy of Gensler Architects and Grain
Get in touch
Email me direct