- Funding requirements – Funding for the scheme is through a European Regional Development Fund, between the HCA, Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and Jactin House Limited, which has stringent measures in place for drawdown.
- Health and safety – The main contractor employed labour not familiar with UK CDM Regulations.
- LSH engaged a project monitor to monitor the progress, quality, cost and further risk issues associated with the development and to report on funding requirements, the project team and site concerns.
- LSH attended the monthly site meetings in addition to undertaking regular site inspections in order to prepare a monthly monitoring report.
- LSH advised on the project budget and valuations issued by the quantity surveyor.
- Our advice informed the HCA of potential project risks allowing them to be prepared when the risk materialised. An example of this was an ill conceived construction programme which meant delays on site in excess of six months.
- Costs did not vary from those in the initial proposal.
- HCA are co-funding project costs for the development of 460 residential apartments currently under construction over two schemes. LSH was appointed as project monitors for the works to act on behalf of the HCA.
- Works commenced in October 2015 on Silk Glass and June 2016 on Flour.
- LSH prepared the initial due diligence and technical appraisal reports after reviewing the project documentation to advise on the design suitability, statutory approvals, costs, and legal and contractual issues.
- LSH is required to review drawdown requests and approve payments by the HCA in addition to monitoring ongoing costs, which is achieved through the use of graphic data such as ‘S-curve’ graphs.
- LSH attend monthly progress meetings and undertake site inspections to advise on progress vs. programme, build quality and contractor performance.
- LSH is monitoring the project expenditure and has approved all draw downs to date.
- LSH has opened dialogue and continues to liaise with the developer in order to ensure all legal and contractual documents are in place to protect the position of the HCA.
Get in touch
Email me direct