- There are currently 10 transactions (totalling 125,000 sq ft) under offer in Luton & Dunstable. These deals completing will put 2013 take-up on par with the 425,000 sq ft total completed in 2012.
- Across the region, pockets of demand will go unsatisfied as supply continues to erode.
- Lack of supply is expected to further fuel design and build activity as evidenced by recent transactions with John Lewis (669,000 sq ft) and AG Barr (265,000 sq ft) at Magna Park, MK and Dachser (225,000 sq ft) at Brackmills, Northampton.
- Despite the lack of existing supply, with 700,000 sq ft currently under offer in Milton Keynes, total take-up for 2013 is expected to far surpass that of 2012.
- Prime rents will continue to harden and more institutionally acceptable lease terms are anticipated across the regional market.
- Large warehouse demand will continue to quickly diminish available land supply in Northamptonshire continuing the pressure on supply and rents.
View key development sites for the M1 Corridor.