- Sustainability and the Real Estate Sector
Events with Lambert Smith Hampton
Sustainability and the Real Estate Sector Breakfast Seminar
Venue: DWF LLP
17 Jan 2013
08:30 - 10:30
We are hosting a breakfast seminar jointly with DWF to consider how the sustainability agenda is affecting the property industry. For many years, green credentials were a “nice to have” but with soaring energy costs, and the Government’s carrot and stick approach to carbon reduction, sustainability is becoming a key issue in the sector.
In the UK, buildings are responsible for around 50% of the UK’s carbon dioxide emissions, so the property and construction industries are in the spotlight. For example, the Energy Act 2011 will stop some buildings being let until energy efficiency equipment has been installed. Businesses need to keep up to speed with all the implications so that they can adapt their business strategies accordingly.
The seminar will include the following topics:
- How and why does sustainability impact on value?
- How will sustainability affect investors, lenders, occupiers and developers?
- What are the Government incentives for sustainable buildings?
- The implications of the Energy Act 2011 and the bar on lettings
- Case studies and worked examples illustrating successful implementation of sustainability measures
Our speakers are:
- David Thwaites, Associate Director, Head of Office Agency, Lambert Smith Hampton
- Gayle Taylor, Director, Head of Building Consultancy, Lambert Smith Hampton
- Anita Gupta, Partner, Real Estate and Head of DWF's Energy & Infrastructure Group, DWF LLP
- Jo Hannah, Head of Planning, DWF LLP
Find out more information about this event
Reserve and book your place
To reserve your place at this event please contact
1 Scott Place
2 Hardman Street
Tel: 0161 603 5000
Fax: 0161 603 5050
Link to google maps