Every organisation goes through a move or relocation at some point in its life. Whether you are relocating or re-organising your existing business space, there will be an impact on your business and employees.
Our team of specialist surveyors will work closely with you to develop and implement a move plan which maximises the benefits to your business whilst minimising the disruption and distractions a move can create.
Questions that affect your move
Key considerations for any business involved in a move include:
- What is the business need?
- How much will it cost?
- What are the measurable upsides?
- What will happen if we do nothing?
- How will it affect employees?
- How do we facilitate more flexible working?
- How should we communicate the benefits of the change?
- Should I implement new technologies?
- How do I engage with the business to embrace the change?
Download our guide to managing the risks of an office move
Delivering a successful relocation on time and on budget
Relocating or re-stacking your existing space offers many opportunities – reduced costs, improved occupational flexibility, greater performance and increased employee retention and morale.
However, it also brings risk. In particular, there are significant liabilities associated with a fit out and move programme which can result in cost over-runs and business disruption.
A structured approach is critical in delivering a successful relocation on time and to budget. A detailed assessment of business space needs, an evaluation of your property options and the creation of a detailed cost analysis are vital to the success of any project.
Key challenges to address include:
- Being aware of all the risks and having a plan in place
- Employee anxiety at all levels caused by the change and implementation of new practices and protocols
- Senior management concerns with how to keep the business on track and continue to motivate employees in their new environment
- Disruption of day-to-day business activities
Dedicated services and robust Quality Assurance
We plan and manage relocations and workplace transition schemes for many clients including Camelot, Roche Diagnostics, Essex County Council, IPCC and the BBC.
See how we’ve helped our clients move and the benefits to their business
Our toolkit of services includes:
- Business space audits
- Feasibility studies / option report
- Design services
- Surveys and workshops
- Move management programmes
- Procurement and management of specialist contractors
We offer a robust Quality Assurance process, backed by industry-leading processes. We have ISO 9001 accreditation and are compliant with the RICS Consultancy Code of Practice, Health & Safety ISO 18001, Environment and Sustainability, ISO 14001 and Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
Download our guide to helping the best employees find the best workplaces