Hotels have become increasingly accepted as a mainstream asset class. Successful investment in the sector depends on a clear understanding of the underlying operational business.
Leading advisor to the hotel sector
With a dedicated team of specialist hotel surveyors, we are recognised as one of the leading advisors to the hotel sector. Our in depth knowledge enables us to understand the individual characteristics of hotel businesses and interpret complex financial data. Experience spans the full range of accommodation from independent hotels, budget and branded corporate hotels to boutique hotels and luxury hotel collections.
Advising across the property lifecycle
By understanding the individual characteristics of hotel businesses and interpreting complex financial data, we can quickly and accurately advise on every part of the hotel property lifecycle, from planning and development, through to valuation, operation, and acquisition and disposal.
Providing a full range of services
Our hotel clients benefit from our expertise across:
- Sales/acquisitions – We specialise in acquisition and disposal of trading hotels, working for a variety of clients including investors, hotel operators and high net worth individuals. In addition, we have extensive experience dealing with hotel investment sales and the acquisition and disposal of development opportunities.
- Valuation – Our reputation for valuing hotels, from budget to boutique, is second to none. Our extensive client base includes major lending institutions and hotel operators who rely on our reports for both lending and financial reporting purposes. We also provide pre-lending reviews, hotels appraisals, and valuation expertise for hotel sales, hotel acquisitions and hotel development schemes.
- Professional services – We advise owners and hotel operators on a number of property matters including hotel management contracts and operator selection, hotel leases, rent reviews and we also undertake expert witness work.
- Development advice – Our expertise comes from across the hotel development sector, undertaking development appraisals, feasibility studies, site reviews to enhance value, construction consultancy and project management services.
- Rating – Providing advice via our specialist rating team to a variety of hotel occupiers in order to minimise rates liability.
- Corporate recovery – We provide specialist advice to corporate recovery professionals and banks with regard to insolvencies in the hotel sector.