Tesco’s distribution chain needs to be perfect. If it isn’t, shelves aren’t filled. We help Tesco’s customers get what they want, when they want it. This has involved working closely with Tesco’s property acquisition team, distribution operators, their logistics consultants and building procurement team.
Acquisition of 5 million sq ft of leading edge distribution facilities
The best distribution facilities are in high demand and competition to acquire space at them is fierce. In the last 3 years we have acquired more than 5 million sq ft of distribution facilities for Tesco across the UK including site purchases, existing building acquisitions, pre-let design and builds for various types of operations including multi temperature Regional Distribution Centres (RDC), bulk stores and internet distribution centres.
Major projects include
- DIRFT, Daventry – 755,000 sq ft NDC Facility and 830,000 rail served NDC on pre-let Design and build basis.
- Livingston – Acquisition of 127 acre former NEC manufacturing facility for the development of 900,000 multi- temperature NDC facility for Scotland.
- Dagenham, London – 35 acre site acquisition for construction of state of art purpose built temperature controlled DC.
- Reading – Acquisition of 60 acre former Courage Brewery site for development of 900,000 sq ft RDC facility. Largest site acquisition transaction in the South East for the last 5 years.
- Dotcom Warehouses – Acquisition of 5 internet home shopping facilities in London, and the South East – Croydon (170,000 sq ft), Greenford (120,000 sq ft), Enfield (150,000 sq ft), Aylesford (120,000 sq ft), Crawley (120,000 sq ft) and most recently Erith (120,000 sq ft).
Cost effective, reliable distribution network
With our advice, Tesco achieves a more cost effective, more reliable and more environmentally aware transport and warehousing solution in its supply chain – benefits it can pass on to its customers.