Location

Location map based on postcode therefore indicative. Where two markers may be shown (green and red), green arrow points to location.

View larger map in Google

For Sale
Land, Millisle, BT22

Former NI Prison Service Training College
Millisle
County Down

BT22 2HS

Reference 2037796

Type Land

Tenure Freehold

Size43.00 ac (17.400 ha)

Freehold: £1,750,000

Contact LSH Surveyor

Phillip Smyth
Director - Agency

028 9026 9228

Description

•The site comprises of 5 main elements:

A. Woburn House and outbuildings
Woburn House is a prominent local landmark and a B2 Listed Italianate Mansion built around 1865 which fronts onto the Ballywalter Road (Listed Status Ref: HB24/05/018). It was previously the summer residence of the Dunbar family and remained in its family connections until the 1950's. Until recent times it has been used to provide a number of classrooms and training rooms for purposes of the NI Prison Service over ground and first floor. There are a number of outbuildings beyond Woburn House set on higher ground to the rear. These include a gymnasium, workshops and accommodation that houses a dog training section.

B. Former Lisnevin Boys School
Former Lisnevin Boys School is situated to the south western side of the site and comprises a modern sports hall facility, together with a number of disused buildings which were previously used as classrooms, individual rooms for juveniles and a chapel. The land adjacent to these buildings were previously used as external training grounds to include a high rope facility and playing area for training dogs.

C. Main Car Park
Located between Woburn House and the residential element is a car park previously used by staff and visitors, accessed via the main front entrance off the A2 Whitechurch Road.

D. Residential Element (27 houses)
Located on the eastern portion of the site are 26no. semi-detached houses and 1no. bungalow, set out over 4 rows. All houses have garden area's with a number of single garages throughout. A number of the houses have been orientated in such a way to take advantage of the shoreline views. The properties appear to have re-use potential subject to refurbishment works throughout.

E. Land/Former Playing Fields
Located on the eastern side is an undeveloped parcel of land of approximately 17.8 acres. These lands are currently laid in grass together with a wooded area at the entrance off Drumfad Road.

Similar properties

See all 41 properties